We’re getting increasing reports of students seeing these errors when they try to view their feedback in Turnitin
Check the problem
If you would like to check if an assignment has this problem before letting your students know you have released the grades…
- Go to the grade centre for the module in question.
- In the column for the assignment, click the arrow next to a student’s grade, then click on the Attempt detail.
- Click the icon next to either User’s Paper or Originality Report
If you get the error at this point, you will need to resync the grades. If you see the student’s paper, then this assignment doesn’t have this error.
Resync the grades
This will relink the assignments back to the students so they are able to view their grades/feedback
- Go to the Turnitin tool in the Blackboard course (via Control Panel -> Tools -> Turnitin Assignments)
- Click Sync Grades next to the assignment in question
Be careful where you click!
Turnitin have introducted a delete assignment link which is located very close to the sync grades link.
- You will see a confirmation if this was successful.
If it didn’t work
If you get an error message when you try to sync the grades, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
There’s more detailed information on Turnitin’s support site.