Sometimes you may have to delete the file that a student has submitted from the Turnitin Assignment Inbox. assignment.
- If a student accidentally submits the wrong file, you will need to delete their first attempt to allow the student to upload the correct version.
- If they submit to the wrong assignment, you will need to request that it is permanently deleted to prevent it being compared against itself when submitted to the correct assignment.
- Log into Blackboard and navigate to the submission link in your module.
- Click on the submission link to open the Assignment Inbox.
- Locate the paper you wish to delete.
If anonymous marking is enabled: you will not see the student names and so you will need the Paper ID of the submission. The student can find this in their Turnitin receipt.
- In the row containing the paper you wish to delete, click the … ellipsis to open the Options drop-down menu. You will see two options:
- Remove From Inbox – Allows the student to submit again but leaves the originally submitted file in the Turnitin database.
- Request permanent deletion – Sends a request to Aston’s Turnitin administrator to delete the submission from the Turnitin database, preventing future matches against it in the Originality Report. Use this option if the student has submitted a piece of work to the wrong assignment – i.e. to prevent it being compared against itself.
Permanant deletion requests are actioned on the Turnitin administrator’s first working day of the month. If you need a paper deleted prior to that, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the paper ID in question.
- When the student returns to the submission link there will be no submission and they will be able to submit again.
Need help? Contact the TEL Team on email@example.com