To ensure marks and feedback are released:
- Ensure the Feedback Release Date is set in the past.
- Ensure the Grade Centre column is visible.
- Ensure the submission link is visible and available.
1. Ensure the Feedback Release Date is set in the past
The Feedback Release Date is the point at which Turnitin allows students to access their feedback and, for anonymously marked assignments, sends the marks from Feedback Studio to the Grade Centre.
- Click on the submission link and open the settings by clicking the cog wheel in the top right corner.
- If the Feedback Release Date is set to the future use the time and date selectors to bring the date and time forward to the current time and date.
- ClickSubmit to save your changes.
2. Ensure the Grade Centre column is visible
The assignment will not be visible to students in My Marks if the Grade Centre column for that assignment is hidden. It must be unhidden manually.
- Find the assignment column in the Grade Centre. If you can see a red circle with a line through it, the column is hidden.
- Click the arrow next to the submission title to open the column menu. From the drop-down menu select Hide from students (on/off).
- Check that the red circle with the line through has gone.
3. Ensure the submission link is visible
Student access to feedback is via the LTI submission link. If you have previously applied adaptive release to the submission link and the link remains hidden, students will see an Access Denied message when they attempt to view their feedback.
- To check if students are able to see the submission look in User Progress. Click the arrow next to the title of the submission link to open the edit menu and select User Progress.
- The list of students will indicate if they can – grey eye – or cannot – grey eye with a line through – see the submission link.
- Return to the submission link menu and select Adaptive Release: Advanced.
- Rules controlling the visibility of the submission link are listed here. Tick the box next to the rule and click Delete.
- Return to User Progress,all the students should now be able to see the submission link and therefore their feedback. If this is still not the case, continue to the next step
- Return to the submission link menu, and click Edit
- Scroll down to the standard options section, and ensure that Permit Users to View this Content is set to Yes.
- One last check of user progress, and you should see that the students are able to view the link.
For help contact the TEL Team