Sometimes you may have to delete the file that a student has submitted from the Turnitin Assignment Inbox. assignment. If, for example, a student accidentally submits the wrong file, you will need to delete their first attempt to allow the student to upload the correct version.
- Log into Blackboard and navigate to the submission link in your module.
- Click on the submission link to open the Assignment Inbox.
- Locate the student in the Author list.
IMPORTANT If anonymous marking is enabled you will not see the student names and so you will need the Paper ID of the submission. The student can find this in their Turnitin receipt.
- Tick the checkbox to the left of the entry you wish to delete.
- Click the drop-down menu in the Options of the assessment you are deleting. You will see two options:
Remove from Inbox This removes the submission from the Submission Inbox allowing the student to submit again.
Request permanent deletion This will remove from the Turnitin database preventing future matches. If the student is intending to submit again then this is not required as the new version of the file will replace the version you have deleted.
- When the student returns to the submission link there will be no submission and they will be able to submit again.
Need help? Contact the TEL Team on email@example.com