Sometimes you may have to delete a student’s submitted assignment.
If, for example, a student accidentally submits the wrong file, you will need to delete their first attempt to allow the student to upload the correct version.
- Within your Blackboard course go to the control panel on the left-hand side, click Course Tools and then Turnitin Assignments.
- You will see a list of all the Turnitin submission links in this module, select the required one.
- Locate the student in the Author list:
- IMPORTANT If anonymous marking is enabled you will not see the student names. You will need the Paper id of the submission.
- The student can find this in their Turnitin receipt.
- Tick the checkbox to the left of the entry you wish to delete.
- Click the drop-down menu on the Delete button, you will see two options:
– Delete from Inbox – this removes the submission from the Submission Inbox allowing the student to submit again.
– Request permanent deletion – this will remove from the Turnitin database preventing future matches. If the student is intending to submit again then this is not required as the new version of the file will replace the version you have deleted.
- When the student returns to the submission link they will be able to submit again provided the due date has not passed (or, if the due date has passed, provided late submissions are allowed).
Need help? Contact the Technology Enhanced Learning team on firstname.lastname@example.org